Scrambled Eggs? Ok!

I can't say scrambled eggs are something I think much about, and I certainly don't think about experimenting with recipes. However, recently I came across this video of Gordon Ramsey explaining how to make scrambled eggs, and it was so wildly different than the way I've always made them, that I had to try. I'll admit my typical scrambled eggs are of the dry, chopped up omelet variety, but these were smooth and creamy and really good! It takes some attention, but, it's scrambled eggs, so we're talking like 5 minute meal. Let me know if you try!






Gordon Ramsey's Scrambled Eggs


3 eggs
"nob" of butter (1-2 tbsp)
salt and pepper
dollop of creme fraiche*
2 tbsp chopped chives (I didn't have any)


Crack the eggs into a saucepan and add the butter. Put over medium heat and start stirring with a plastic spatula. Stir constantly until the eggs start to come together, taking off of the heat and putting back on every few minutes (the heat of the pan will continue to cook  the eggs, leaving constantly on the heat is too hot). Once the eggs start to look done (like the picture), season with salt and pepper, and stir in the creme fraiche. Now would be the time to add the chopped chives if you have them. Serve over a piece of toast!


I made these eggs for dinner (like I have time to cook eggs before work...), so I rounded out the meal with a bowl of cereal and some fresh fruit. I haven't had breakfast for dinner in ages!


* BTW - creme fraiche is French, and similar to sour cream but a little thinner and less sour. You should be able to find it in your grocery store, in mine it's near the mozzarella cheese. I've eyed this product for years and read lots of recipes that use it, but this is the first time I've actually picked some up, so I'm excited to look for some more uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment