Shrimp and Grits - Revisited

Some of you may know how I joke that I am a meeting planner. I'm not - but the nature of my clients' work has me organizing a lot of meetings and conferences. While this is annoying, there are some perks, mainly hotel club points (some day I will rent the nicest room Marriott has to offer) and free stuff. Often when I check in to hotels I'll have a gift basket waiting. One hotel I worked with three years ago continually sends me odd gifts. On Monday, they sent me a kit to make shrimp and grits.


While unfortunately I can't provide a recipe since this came from a kit, I can tell you the general idea. It was a little different than my last go at the dish. This one included a gravy. Typical grits, I added butter and cheddar cheese. Really can't tell you what was in the gravy... and then shrimp sauteed in some butter and mixed with the gravy. I threw some chives on top for garnish. 

And, if you ever find yourself in our lovely southeastern portion of the country, I do recommend planning a meeting at the Charleston Place hotel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment