Peach Pie


While at Eastern Market this weekend, my mom and I saw signs for the last week of summer peaches and decided we absolutely needed to have peach pie. After sampling every peach vendor, we picked the best and headed home to bake. I'm sorry to say this isn't going to be a very cohesive recipe... I wing it with fruit pies.


Peach Pie


Double pie crust (store bought or home made)
8-10 peaches
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 egg


Preheat oven to 350. Line a pie plate with one pie crust. Cut up the peaches into wedges and put in a big bowl. Toss with the flour, sugar, and cinnamon (btw I didn't measure, so these are estimates), be gentle so as not to smush the peaches. Fill the pie with the peach mixture. Cover with second pie crust (you can just cover it, or do a lattice). Pinch the two pie crusts together. Beat an egg with a splash of water and brush the pie crust with a pastry brush. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the crust is browned and the fruit juices are bubbling. YUM!



(Ugh, when will I be blessed with better kitchen backdrop and lighting??)

No comments:

Post a Comment